My Room At University

I haven't written on this blog in a little while so I thought I'd give you a little update on my life at university! I'm cur...



I haven't written on this blog in a little while so I thought I'd give you a little update on my life at university! I'm currently studying European Cultures & Languages at a university which is three hours of travelling from my parents house, which means that I had to move out and find a room in the city. My room is about 16 square metres so it's not that big and I had to decorate it creatively. I choose to get a big mirror which can make a room look bigger than it actually is.
The walls in the room were already painted grey and white when I moved in and I really liked it so I decided to get grey/white furniture as well to match with the walls. I decorated the whole room with pictures of me and my friends to give the room a more homey feeling. I also bought a canvas with Audrey Hepburn on it at IKEA. I love candles so that's probably the first thing that I bought when I moved in. I never light them because I'm afraid I'll set the house on fire, but it looks nice for decoration.


My dream is to get a huge book closet in my house when I am older, but as you can see, for now I do not own that many books yet. So I filled the closet with glasses, pictures, my make-up stuff, cards that people send me when I moved in and the little Maria statue that my mother gave me. And of course, my tea box. That was probably the most exciting thing I bought for my new room because I love tea. It is a little too small for me now but I still love it!

I celebrated my birthday a few weeks ago and my friends got me scented candles and tea (which are probably my fav things in the world haha!) and a little frame with the text 'there is always something to be thankful for' so I put these in my room as well!
My room has a little balcony as well, which will be really nice for the summer. But as you can see, it is not of much use to me now haha! Below is a picture that I took when I first moved in and it looks a lot nicer in the summer when there's actually some green behind the house.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images